At this meeting, the Plenary, inter alia:
- heard an address, at the opening of the Plenary, by Mr Juan Manuel Vega-Serrano, the President of the Financial Action Task Force (FATF);
- adopted the 5th round MER and executive summary on the United Kingdom Crown Dependency of the Isle of Man (MONEYVAL will finalise the mutual evaluation report for publication after the quality and consistency review, in accordance with its procedures);
- took note of the follow-up reports by Lithuania, the Republic of Moldova and the Slovak Republic under the 4th round of mutual evaluations and invited the countries to provide further follow-up reports at the 53rd Plenary (30 May – 1 June 2017), while encouraging them to then seek removal from the follow-up process;
- took note of the compliance reports of the Czech Republic and Montenegro under the Compliance Enhancing Procedures;
- took note of further interim reports for the 5th round of mutual evaluations (Armenia) and the 4th round of mutual evaluations (Azerbaijan, Croatia, “The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia”, Israel and Poland);
- heard an update analysis from the Secretariat on the follow-up procedure of the Terrorist Financing Fact-Finding Initiative, and decided to remove from the procedure the following three countries: Bosnia and Herzegovina, Montenegro and the Republic of Moldova;
- heard a presentation and had an exchange of views with an ad hoc working group on the impact on MONEYVAL’s work by the European Court of Human Rights’ Grand Chamber judgment of Al-Dulimi and Montana Management v. Switzerland of 21 June 2016;
- heard an update by and had an exchange of views with the FATF on the new International Cooperation Review Group (ICRG) procedure for the current round of evaluations;
- heard a presentation on the joint World Bank/Egmont Group project on “Financial Intelligence Units cooperation with law enforcement authorities and prosecutors”; and
- had a discussion on recent developments concerning the issue of “correspondent banking/de-risking”.
Reports adopted will be made available shortly under each jurisdiction’s profile, in accordance with MONEYVAL’s publication policy.